People think that celebrities are perfect role models, while many maintain this image of being perfect human beings; few people do commit same mistakes like a commoner. Attorneys are a necessity for any person, be it celebrity or a middle class person, if they get involved in an accident, they do need the services of attorney. A study by AAA foundation for traffic society observed that celebrities are no different, when it comes to aggressive driving and get violent as a result. Many violent incidents are triggered because a driver was aggressive in nature.
Few Celebrities and their Tale of Accidents
Death of Celebrity in Car Accident
Many a celebrities have died owing to fatal car accidents. The teenage icon to Americans who was not only good at acting but also loved racing was James Dean. He met with a fatal accident in California in September 1955, with another vehicle in a head-on collision.
- Princess Grace of Monaco died when maneuvering a hair pin bend, on her way to Monaco in September 1982. She seemed to have suffered a cardiac arrest when driving. While she died due to injuries sustained, her daughter was severely injured, but recovered completely.
- Another popular celebrity by the name Lisa Nicole Lopes nicknamed Left Eye, died in a fatal accident in April 2002. She was a song writer and a popular American rapper. She met with an accident, because she maneuvered too far off the road, due to an oncoming truck.
- Ray Jones a popular footballer, who used to play as striker in Queen’s Park Rangers, died at a young age of 19, when he was traveling in a car along with others in London in August 2007. The car collided with a bus and caused this fatality.
Celebrity involved in Accidents causing property damage to others
- Shia Lebouf is a celebrity who got drunk, hit a passenger car at an intersection in his Green ford F150, and got severely injured and hospitalized during July 2008. Though there was no reported fatality, Lebouf had to undergo surgery to his left hand.
- Another celebrity accident involving Tom Brady, and another car driver who was intoxicated, occurred in September 2010. The other driver had sustained injuries and was supposed to have been suspended earlier, for more than five times in the duration of three years. This crash knocked a light pole in Back Bay.
- Lindsay Lohan is one celebrity who has been shrouded with accidents, but never charged with criminal offense. A crash which needed her hospitalization occurred during October 2005, while she was sued for one earlier in August 2004. Another similar accident came to light because of photographs during January 2006.
- Heather Locklear a celebrity was accused of hit and run in Los Angeles during April 2010. She could not be tested for alcohol consumption or jailed with usual rules. She had been charged earlier for driving under influence of drugs that were consumed on prescription.
However, of all these accidents, they became a sensation since celebrities were involved. Earlier this year, precisely on February 10th, Obama’s grandmother involved in a car accident was the headlines. Though over ninety, she suffered minor injuries and was discharged shortly after. The cause for this accident was driver losing control and the car rolled into a ditch. A quick look at the car showed serious damage, though, she escaped miraculously. This hit the headlines, owing to the celebrity status of the President Obama. This was one accident that probably did not damage property, nor cause fatal injuries to the passengers or pedestrians. However, it is not yet established as to why the driver really lost control!
What caused these Accidents
- Many of the celebrities are prone to aggressive driving, while a few of them are hit by another aggressive driver.
- Speeding is another celebrity trait that gets many a car damaged and lives lost.
- Alcohol consumption is a common trait of celebrities, and most cases of car damage or rear-end collisions occur, because the driver is intoxicated.
- Accidents that affect pedestrians and parked vehicles are a common affair. One should be able to hire an adept attorney to be able to get justly compensated.
- Negligence of celebrity driver is also a reason that many hit and run mishaps occur.
What to Do After Accident
- If one is a victim of accident caused by a celebrity, they should do their best to collect enough photographic evidence, note contact details of witnesses after making sure that they are safe and without injury.
- Most celebrities tend to run away after hitting, unless the car they are traveling is damaged badly, this necessitates that one follow precautionary measure faster.
- It needs good amount of evidence and an adept attorney, to negotiate terms and fight legal battle, when necessary. There are many blogs that follow celebrity accidents closely, and post enough evidences.
- Most celebrity caused accidents are battled in court. It makes sense to appoint an adept attorney, who is able to handle celebrity issues with care.